Random Assortment of Basic Tips
Here's a random assortment of basic tips to get you going if you are new to Insomniac. This should give you a good framework for using the browser, but if you have any specific questions, you can always contact us! Please do give these tips a shot first as it will give you a solid foundation.
- Get a proxy service. If you are not sure if you should get a proxy service, refer to the first sentence. Here's an article on proxies. (link opens in a new tab)
- Run 15-20 tabs every hour. At least 15 to 20. You have the power to do it with Insomniac, so you're losing out if you don't. If you get errors, refer to #1 above.
- Save big on your annual Insomniac fees by upgrading to an annual license. You'll get two months free per year just by pre-paying.
- If you see a timer on any page, you can track it with the Timers extension. Just click the Timer extension, highlight the timer on the page, then every time you see a timer on that page template, the timer will be tracked in your URL bar.
- Use the timer bars at the top of the browser to know when you need to advance to the next step in the process. (This helps a lot especially when you are using the one-page-at-a-time method above). To get timers for even more web sites, install the Advanced Timers extension.
- Never log into a web site until you need to. There are a lot of reasons for this, some of which we can't get into...just don't do it until the absolute last step.
- Use the Pasties feature (right click any page to see the option) to save a separate clipboard for each tab. To use it just put your cursor into any input field on a web site then double click to have it enter in the input. This is a great feature especially when you have many words you want to paste quickly.
- Use the shortcut folders to organize your tasks by day and hour. When the hour comes, you can right click the folder and open all tabs at once when you are getting ready. Any pasties you save to these pages will be opened as well. Great time saver to beat the morning rush.
- Install the premium Cookie Cleaner extension to instantly clear your cookies on just just the site in the active tab.
- Install the free Advanced Shortcuts extension to set keyboard shortcuts...especially helpful if you set next tab and previous tab so you can quickly get through all of your tabs and see the status of each one.