Timers and Advanced Timers
What They Do
- Basic Timers lets you track timers on any three sites you want.
- Advanced timers lets you track ANY timers on as many sites as you want.
Point and Click Set Up
You have to do a little set up with Timers. It requires that you tell the browser, one time each, which timers you want to track. If one site has four different timers (for example one on the cart page, one on the checkout page and one on the log in page) you will need to set each timer once. Here's how you do it.
- If you see a timer, but it's not being tracked, click the Timers icon* in your extension toolbar. (Pictures below)
- Click 'Pick Element'. This tells the extension you are about to select a timer you want to track.
- Click directly on the timer on your page.
- If it only selects the minutes OR the seconds, but not both, go back to the dialog box and click 'Expand Selection'. This should highlight both the minutes and the seconds.
- When the minutes and seconds are both highlighted, click "Confirm".
- Once you click confirm, settings for the page type you are on are complete, but most sites require that you set more than one timer. Basically, whenver you see a timer that's not being tracked, just run the settings steps.
- You'll need to do this on each computer you use the browser on, but we've crated and import and export so you can export the file and mail it to your friends or colleagues. They just click import and import the settings.
Sharing Timers Settings
We've made setting timers as easy as possible but it's still better to share with friends so you don't have to duplicate efforts. We've added an import and export feature for Advanced Timers. Here's how you use it.
- Set your timer settings.
- Click the 'Export Timers' button.
- This will export a json file. Save it to your computer, then email it to yourself, a friend or colleague.
- To import those settings to a different computer, just download the file from your email and click 'Import Timers' on the Advanced Timers extension.
NOTE: When you import a Timers setting file, it will overwrite your current settings, so make sure you only upload a file that is more complete than your current settings.
The basic Timers icon looks like this:
The Advanced Timers icon looks like this:
If you have Advanced Timers, you will not see the icon for Basic Timers because the Advanced Timers icon will override it.
If you know you've set a timer but it's not showing, you might have a bad timer setting in there. You can delete them all and do the settings again, or you can delete one at a time, starting at the top, until the bad setting is gone and the timer works again. Here are the steps to take:
- Click on your timer (or advanced timer) icon
- Click the "x" next to the timer you wish to delete from the list and that's it!